White Oak Middle School students will attend High School Pep Rallies for Varsity home football games (and Spring Hill). We will return to the Middle School for dismissal.
Pep Rallies are typically held on Friday
afternoons at 3:02 in the High School gym. Pep rally procedures are as follows:
● If a student plans on attending the pep rally for AWAY games, the parent MUST send an
attached Pep Rally Pass with the student EACH WEEK. Students without a PASS will stay
in the classroom. Students will NOT be allowed to walk to the pep rally without an adult with
● Students with a pass will be sent to the Fish Pond at 2:30 to be picked up.
● The doors will remain locked until 2:30. Adults will enter through the Middle School doors
and sign their student out in front of the library. Students will give their pass to a staff member
● Students not picked up by 2:50 will be sent back to class.
We will have Middle School Pep Rallies on Thursdays at 3:00 in the New Middle School gym beginning
September 8th. To show our school spirit, we ask that our students wear a White Oak shirt or maroon on
Pep Rally days. Parents are welcome to join us at the gym.
I hope you have had a great summer! I am looking forward to a great 2016-2017 school year. Make sure you take some time to read the Middle School Student Handbook found on our home page. Below are changes to the dress code, but make sure you refer to the full dress code included in the Student Handbook:
- Tank tops, muscle shirts, or shirts with sleeves cut off are not to be worn. Sleeveless shirts or dresses worn by girls must measure at least 2.5 inches on the shoulder.
- Shorts and Capri pants may be worn. The length of shorts and Capri pants must not be shorter than 3 inches from the top of the kneecap in a normal standing position.
- Excessively tight clothing is unacceptable (i.e., spandex tights, yoga pants, shorts or other types of pants and excessively tight dresses, pants, and skirts.) Solid colored tights may be worn under dresses, skirts, and/or tops that are designed for that purpose, as long as they measure no shorter than 3 inches above the kneecap.
Students will be allowed to carry backpacks to school.
Make sure you join us for Open House, August 19 from 5:30-6:30. There will be a brief meeting with 6th grade families in the cafeteria at 5:30.
Enjoy the last few days of summer!